What are sexual problems?
Sexual problems or sexual dysfunctions refer to different pathologies or circumstances that do not allow pleasant sexual relations. Some of these problems include pain, trouble reaching orgasm, or loss of sexual arousal, says sexologist in Lajpat Nagar.
They can be presented by both women and men. In women, it manifests itself with the symptoms of pain during sexual intercourse, absence of orgasm and desire, or arousal problems. In men we find erectile dysfunction, reduction or loss of sexual interest, problems with premature or delayed ejaculation, or low testosterone.
Prognosis of the disease
Sexual problems are not a serious disease for which the patient puts his life at risk, but sexual health will be affected, also influencing his emotional health and quality of life. In many cases, according to the best sexologist in Lajpat Nagar patients with sexual problems experience a loss of self-confidence, low self-esteem, or even depression.
In addition, the particularity of sexual problems lies in that they not only affect the sexual health of the patient, but also influence that of their partner.
Symptoms of sexual problems
The symptoms of sexual problems are diverse, depending on the problem that occurs in each case:
Both men and women can experience the sexual disorders of anorgasmia and lack of sexual desire, which refer to psychological disorders that do not allow the patient to enjoy sexual intercourse. The symptoms are usually anxiety, depression or stress.
The main sexual problems that affect only men are:
- Erectile dysfunction : the man will feel the inability to have an erection or maintain it during intercourse.
- Premature ejaculation : the man expels semen prematurely and is not able to retain it.
- Delayed ejaculation : on the contrary, in this case the man needs a long time of stimulation to ejaculate, just as some of them do not finally ejaculate.
- Low testosterone : This alteration in testosterone causes depression, anxiety, lack of sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, increased sweating, and fatigue or tiredness.
On the other hand, sexual problems that only affect women are:
- Vaginismus : the patient will feel intense pain during sexual intercourse, to the point of making penetration impossible, due to the contraction of the vaginal muscles.
- Dyspareunia : the patient feels intense and persistent pain in the pelvic area during or after penetration. Although it is more common in women, some men can suffer from it.
What are the causes of sexual problems?
The causes of sexual problems can be psychological or physical, and may be derived from stress, from some illness or injury suffered, side effects of some medication or emotional or physical problems, says sexologist in Lajpat Nagar.
Can they be prevented?
Prevention of many sexual problems can be established through good physical and emotional health. For example, erectile dysfunction can be caused by vascular causes, which could be prevented by avoiding obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, or smoking.
On the other hand, education plays a very important role in sexual problems, since in many cases of anorgasmia, lack of sexual desire or dysfunction, the sexual education that the patient has received, their perception of sex and their self-esteem and confidence in itself.
Also treating stress and anxiety is useful to avoid sexual problems with psychological causes, explains sexologist in Delhi.
Treatments for sexual problems
The treatment for sexual problems will vary greatly depending on the sexual problem suffered and the cause that originated it.
Thus, many of the sexual disorders are dealt with with psychological therapy. In contrast, in cases caused by vascular, pelvic floor or hormonal problems , you will need personalized care and treatment by an expert gynecologist or sexologist in Lajpat Nagar.